“I just wanna thank you all for your service” as the Dallas police officers killed in the line of duty

LAS VEGAS — The families of the Dallas officers who were slain in the Line of Duty program say they are “thrilled” by the response of police, but are “still shaken” by what happened to their loved ones.

On Monday, the Dallas Police Officers Association and the Dallas City Council approved a resolution to provide support to the families of officers who died in the program, a move that drew a chorus of praise from the families.

“I just want to thank you for your Service to the Nation.

We’re still shaking,” the resolution reads.

Dallas police Chief David Brown, who was the acting Police Chief in the days following the killings of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, told reporters that the program “is something that we are taking very seriously.”

“The whole world knows about it,” Brown said.

Brown said he also wants to make it clear that the Dallas and Houston police departments have not been notified of the program.

“There is no one in Houston or Dallas or Dallas-Fort Worth that has been briefed on this program,” Brown told reporters Monday.

He also said that the department has not been contacted by any federal agencies about the program’s existence, which the mayor of Houston, Sylvester Turner, said could be because he was not aware of it.

“I think it’s unfortunate,” Brown added.

“We don’t know what the purpose of it is, but I think it would be inappropriate for us to discuss that.”

Brown has said that he was unaware of the existence of the police-involved training program, but has also said he would not have had it if it wasn’t for the “extraordinary outpouring of support” that came in response to his office’s request for funding.

Brown has also noted that while the Dallas Department of Public Safety has received $1.3 million for the program so far, that money is not included in the $1 billion federal funding for the city’s police department.