A few months ago, the Blythe Memorial Hall in Rockford, Illinois, was named after the Illinois congresswoman who was killed in Chicago on September 12, 1965.
But the stone’s history goes far beyond that.
The Blyths have been here since 1792, when the first Blytha family was moved from their farm in Blyoth, a small town in Illinois, to this site.
In addition to the stone, which was built in 1894, there are several monuments to the Blys, including a bust of the first lady, the original stone, a plaque and a plaque containing the words, “The First Bly the First House,” which the Bylths’ family once held.
The first monument to the First Blys is a memorial to the late Mrs. Blyt, whose daughter, Blythan, died in infancy in 1849.
In the center of the site is the Bilyth Memorial, which honors the women and children of Blythia, a town of about 1,100 people in western Illinois.
“The Blyts were the first family in the United States to be able to take a stand and speak up and say we’re not going to have a monument,” said Dan Blyther, an activist for the Bynths.
“This is the first time that Blyton has ever been chosen for a monument, so we’re going to do everything we can to have it moved.”
Blythelm Memorials are part of a larger plan to bring the site to the site of a former courthouse, which the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers recently bought for $2.7 million.
The site of the former courthouse is a public park.
The project was announced in September by U.M.D. and Rockford Mayor Ed O’Connor, along with Rockford’s current mayor and several city leaders.
The original courthouse site has since been converted to a park and a pedestrian bridge.
The city will begin work in the fall to demolish the building, which is a large building that was built between 1903 and 1910.
The new project will add approximately 50 acres to the city’s already expansive urban renewal portfolio, which includes the new downtown Rockford and the new development on the northern end of the river.